It is not hard to find God’s destiny for America. In 1607, at the English settlers’ first landing at Cape Henry, they planted a cross and dedicated the land to the glory of God. Robert Hunt said: “From these very shores the gospel shall go forth, to not only this new world, but the entire world.”
The next group who arrived in 1620 wrote the Mayflower compact, the first constitutional governing document of Plymouth Colony. In it Governor Bradford stated, “…having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith…”
In 1630, John Winthrop, the first governor of Massachusetts, said in a writing entitled A Model of Christian Charity, “We shall find that the God of Israel is with us, when 10 of us shall be able to resist 1000 of our enemies, when He shall make us a praise and a glory, that men of succeeding plantations shall say, ‘The Lord make it like that of New England.’ For we must consider that we shall be as a city upon a hill [Matthew 5:14], the eyes of all people are upon us…”
No less than 12 U.S. presidents have restated this purpose from Matthew’s gospel!
It is now time to recapture this destiny. The greatest awakening in all of history is coming soon, and we must remain diligent to pray into America’s purpose of reaping this great harvest. While at the presidential inaugural celebration in Washington D.C., it became clear to me that President Trump’s victory was to reposition America financially and governmentally for the re-capturing of this destiny. The presidential election was not about a man, but a nation’s destiny. Ezekiel 22:30 NASB says, “I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land…” It’s time that we heed heaven’s call and pray for our new leader.
It is imperative that we, the church of America, do not regress into prayerlessness. Indeed, we need the greatest prayer movement in the history of this nation to spring forth NOW. The Ekklesia (Church), correctly defined as “the legislating government of God on the earth,” must now arise in power and authority. Our best days are ahead, not behind us.
Here are some prayer points:
- Pray that God gives our president wisdom and revelation, according to Ephesians 1:17.
- Pray that he maintains a freedom from the political spirit that has ruled our nation, and he possesses a fear of the Lord.
- Pray that he maintains a spirit of boldness, and that fear of man stays off him.
- Pray that wise men and women, who also are free from fear and the political spirit, surround President Trump.
- Pray that Holy Spirit visits him powerfully, fills him with Himself, and teaches President Trump His ways.
- Pray the words of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania: “Whereas the glory of Almighty God and of the good of mankind is the reason and the end of government, and therefore government itself is a venerable ordinance of God…let there be established laws as shall best preserve true Christian and Civil liberty, in opposition to all unchristian, licentious, and unjust practices, whereby God can have his due…”
- And call forth the Third Great Awakening in this nation and around the world!
Let’s do what we are supposed to do and BE the Church!